Chef Eugenie's Quick & Easy Vegeterian Protein Bowl
The variety of vegetables in this recipe transforms it from an ordinary quinoa dish. The presentation is beautiful and the flavors are amazing, yet the recipe is quite simple. Chef Eugenie always has vegetables roasting, because they dress up so many dishes and reheat well. Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness. Top this dish with crumbles of goat cheese (it takes it to another level). This bowl is great to pack for work, and tastes wonderful hot or cold.
Veggie Protein Bowl Recipe
1/2 head of Purple Cauliflower (or any color of cauliflower)
1 Butternut Squash
1 Baby Zucchini
1 cup of Broccoli Florets
1/2 White Onion
2 cups of Quinoa
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Oil Olive (just to coat)
Pinch of Salt and Pepper to lightly season (thyme and oregano can also be added)
2 spoonfuls of crumbled semi-soft Goat Cheese (optional)
optional: chickpeas, hazelnuts and hemp seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet for the vegetables. Lay down foil first to protect the sheet pan and follow with a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil. Set aside.
- Remove stem and core from cauliflower and discard. Cut cauliflower into small spears and the other vegetables into bite-size chunks.
- Place vegetables into a large bowl. Add olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper; toss to lightly coat vegetables evenly.
- Spread out vegetables evenly, in a single layer on baking sheet. Place in the oven to roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or longer, if needed.
- While vegetables are roasting, in a medium-sized pot, combine 2 cups of rinsed quinoa with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook about 15 minutes until water has been absorbed. Once quinoa is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Divide cooked quinoa into two serving bowls. In each bowl, add in half of the roasted vegetables and top with a large spoonful of crumbled goat cheese. Allow flavors to meld and serve warm.